Sunday, October 19, 2008

Palin on SNL

Is it just me, or was it refreshing to see the human side of the American Presidential hopefuls over the past week?? Amidst the suffocating media coverage -CNN should change its monniker - it was a breath of fresh air to watch Barack Obama, John McCain, and even Sarah Palin step out of themselves for a short time and bestow their (or what we are to believe is their own) comedic prowess on us. First Obama and McCain take turns roasting each other at a charity dinner in New York Wednesday - Obama goes all out to win this one in my opinion - then Tina Fey...I mean Sarah Palin..I mean - it's honestly hard to tell - put on a skit on Saturday Night Live that was actually funny. I mean, you have to go back to Toonces the Driving Cat to remember something that actually induced outward laughter on that show....and besides, I invented laughter, and I own the show, sooooo (you have to be a fan of the show to get that one...I hope someone does). With under twenty days to go until the votes get recounted several times, it was actually a joy to watch.
Since this blog is on the verge of becoming political, someting I once said I'd avoid, I'd like to offer a "Hell Yeah" to the Edmonton Oilers, who are 4-0 this young hockey season and still haven't put together a complete effort. Though it's early, it seems things in Oil Country are finally on the up and up. But...on the flipside, the Calgary media still refuses to pin Calgary Flames losses on the fact that, heaven forbid, there are teams out there that are actually better than their beloved
Flames. Here's an idea...how about penning something like:"Kiprusoff hasn't played well, Phaneuf's been too busy trying to look mean all the time to do anything productive on the ice, and let'sbe serious, Mike Keenan's done....well nothing, since Mark Messier won him the Stanley Cup fifteen years ago...." - great last name though.

No comments: